Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was adapted from a working woman's cookbook that came out in the 70's. It's our family casserole staple.
- 1 lb ground beef, Lean
- 8 ounces macaroni, Dreamfields
- 1 (5 ounce) box Lipton soup secrets noodle soup mix
- 15 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces colby, Shredded
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- Cook macaroni al dente.
- Brown ground beef and add peppers until tender.
- Break up packets of noodle soup mix over the beef.
- Add milk and water and bring to a boil. Add most of the cheese and stir until combined. Pour into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until heated and cheese is melted.