Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have many versions of French Toast, but I have to say this is one of my favorites. So easy to make and tastes great. The pecans give it a nice crunch and the bread stays moist. It's like eating pecan pie for breakfast. Yummy! Easy to double for more hearty eaters...
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- HEAT butter and brown sugar to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Set aside.
- GREASE a baking sheet with butter. Place the bread slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minute Or until lightly toasted. Remove from sheet and set aside.
- BEAT milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla in medium bowl. Dip 8 slices toast into the batter and place on baking sheet. Spread a heaping tablespoons Of the pecan mixture onto each. Dip remaining slices toast into batter and place over nut filling to form a sandwich.
- BAKE for 20 minute Or until hot. Sift confectioners' sugar over toast. Serve immediately.
I can't say enough good things about this recipe. I make it every weekend - it's a HUGE hit in our house! I've used the rasien bread, regular bread and homemade bread - it's all amazing.
oh gracious this is good! i didn't have the cinnamon swirl toast, so i just used thick sliced "Texas Toast". i used a little more pecans than called for (i really love pecans). also, i only used 2/3 cup sugar in the egg mixture and found that it was plenty sweet. i put a little of the pecan mixture on top before baking and loved the extra pecans. and i didn't even need to use powdered sugar on the finished product because it was so rich and sweet already. i can't imagine eating more than one serving, it is RIIICH! thanks so much for sharing!
"5 Star" rating right around the table! FANTASTIC fun and fabulously flavorful. (: Plus..pretty as a picture! We LOVED this, V. (: Thanks so much for posting.