Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Ciao Italia!" episode "Piatta Classici Pugliese."
Make and share this Stuffed Peaches recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large ripe peaches
- 14 amaretti cookies
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vin santo or 3⁄4 cup sweet marsala wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Scoop out most of the flesh from each half but leave a firm shell about 1/4-inch thick. Put the flesh into a bowl and mash well; set the peach shells aside.
- Coarsely crumble the amaretti into a small bowl, add the pine nuts, and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crushed amaretti mixture and add the rest to the peach flesh. Add the sugar and enough of the wine just to moisten the mixture and mix just to blend.
- Place the peach shells cut sides up in a buttered ovenproof dish. Divide the peach mixture evenly among the peach shells. Sprinkle the remaining wine around the peaches and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the peach shells are easily pierced with a knife.
- Arrange 2 peach halves on each plate and spoon the cooking juices over. You can also serve with a scoop of very good vanilla ice cream.