Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just something I came up with that turned out yummy
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 2 onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (750 ml) jar tomato sauce
- 18 large pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- savory, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred spinach over bottom of casserole dish.
- At the same time prepare pasta shells according to package directions.
- Sauté onion, celery, garlic, oregano and ground beef and spices in olive oil til cooked and browned.
- Stuff the shells with the beef mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons per shell.
- Place shells on the bed of shredded spinach.
- If there is extra beef mixture you may place it between the shells
- Pour sauce over the shells.
- Grate cheeses over the top and sprinkle with chopped savory.
- Place in preheated oven and cook till cheeses are bubbly and lightly browned. approximately 20-30 minutes.
- I served this with my classic Caesar salad (with crumbled bacon added).