Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a cold-stuffed pasta shell and make for good hot-weather eating. 1 hour chilling time required.
- 18 large pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1 tart apple, peeled,cored and chopped
- 2 sweet gherkins, minced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- lettuce leaf, rinsed,patted dry
- Cook pasta shells in boiling, salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and place into cold water.
- Mix chicken, ham, celery, apple, gherkins, mayo, lemon juice and mustard.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Drain shells and dry on absorbent paper.
- Stuff shells with salad mixture and place on serving platter lined with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon extra salad in the middle of platter.