Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is one of the nicest pasta dishes I've ever eaten.The balance of the ingredients allow all the flavours to come through without any singular one dominating .This is a favourite that I am repeatedly asked to bring to buffet dinners.
Top Review by Fauve
My family loves cheesy Italian meals. This tasty dish is now everyone's standing Italian favorite. I even used a very cheap portion of ground beef, and instead of Prego, used a less costly brand of spaghetti sauce, and this still turned out beautifully! Luckily, this made more than 20 shells for me...more like 30. Thanks, Carrie Ann, for a spectacular recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 eggs
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar prego spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in frying pan;add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender.
- Drain, add salt and set aside to cool.
- Mix together parsley, basil, ricotta and parmesan.
- Mix well.
- Add beef and eggs; mix well.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Stuff shells with beef mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce evenly over shells and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.