Recipe by sara2
This dish has lots of cheeses, beef and sauce into stuffed pasta shells that are mouthwatering!An excellent pasta dish for supper! My husband and I have been making it since college, and now our children love it!! Freeze the leftovers for a precooked meal!
Top Review by bert
I just tried the stuffed pasta shells and they were easy to make but I did find the taste a little bland. Next time I think I will cook onion and garlic with the ground beef to add a little extra flavour. My family enjoyed them just the same and they did look impressive. Also, if cost is a factor for some people, I found they were expensive to make as ricotta cheese is costly. The whole recipe cost me nearly twenty dollars to make!
- 1 lb ground beef (or sausage)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) bottle Prego spaghetti sauce (with meat)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 ounce) box San Georgio jumbo pasta shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Whisk well.
- Add one cup mozzarella cheese, all ricotta cheese, all Parmesan cheese, and browned ground beef (or browned sausage).
- Mix well.
- Put egg/beef/cheese mixture into cooked shells in oven safe dish (eg. Corningware); add spaghetti sauce to layer.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil loosely.
- Bake 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until bubbling!