Recipe by Bluenoser
The zesty flavor of the pasta sauce mixes with the turkey and sausage and keeps this dish moist.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 16 large pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat butter in large skillet on medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 4 mins or til tender.
- Add Italian sausage and ground turkey and cook 5 mins or til meat is brown.
- Add seasonings and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and set aside.
- Spread half of pasta sauce on bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- Stuff cooked shells with meat mixture.
- Place meat side down in prepared pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake additional 5 mins til cheese is melted.
- NOTE: you can substitute lean ground beef for the ground turkey in this recipe.