Recipe by Shock55
My wife and I both love Oysters Rockerfeller and Stuffed Mushrooms, so this recipe incorporates both. It's a great appetizer combination for a party.
- 1 dozen fresh oyster, on the half shell
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons celery, about 1/2 stalk diced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Remove mushroom stems and dice stems for use in filling.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet and add diced celery. Saute for 1 minute and add diced mushroom stems and garlic powder and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add butter and cook until melted, add worcestershire sauce, cocktail sauce, and lemon juice and stir until mixed well.
- Reduce heat and add parsley, bread crumbs and italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Add cheddar and parmesan cheese, mixing well and remove from heat.
- Stuff Oysters and Mushrooms with filling equally and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. You can finish these for a couple minutes under the broiler if you choose.