Recipe by Mercy
A Ukrainian recipe for a salad-stuffed onion. No baking necessary! Farshovana Chebyalya
- 6 large sweet mild onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- sour cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions; remove the insides of the onion with a grapefruit spoon or the end of a potato peeler, leaving an onion cup of 3 or 4 layers.
- Finely chop the inner onion portions and mix well with the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff the onion cups with this mixture.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
- You can make this in advance and serve chilled.