Recipe by yooper
A savory side dish from your crock pot!
Top Review by CarrieQuiteContrary
These were great - even better than I expected! Cooking in the crock pot all day filled the house with a wonderful smell. My roommate raved and raved about these, and happily ate leftovers. Either I used more stuffing ingredients than needed - or just had smaller onions - but only used half of the mixture. Will be picking up more onions to make again and use the rest up.
- 4-6 large onions, peeled
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked ham
- 473.18 ml frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 236.59 ml Italian breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml chopped bell pepper (red or green)
- 59.14 ml butter, cut into chunks
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions and hollow out hole in center for the stuffing.
- Do not make hole completely through the onion.
- Leave about a 1/2 inch shell at the base of the onion.
- Mix together ham, broccoli, bread crumbs and bell pepper.
- Stuff into onion and top with a chunk of butter.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Place onions in crock pot.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water around onions, but not over them.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.