Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 6 large white onions
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Cook the onions in boiling, salted water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Remove centers of onion carefully chop centers.
- Cook the green pepper, ground beef seasonings in a skillet until beef is brown.
- Place the onion shells in a casserole stuff with beef mixture.
- Top with cheese and tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.