Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
These are the best - stuffed using lamb mince. You can make it vegetarian by replacing lamb with equivalent breadcrumb and semidried tomato chopped mixture.
- 4 large onions, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 300 ml chicken stock or 300 ml vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Slice top off each onion about 2cm down.
- Using a spoon scoop out inside to leave 1cm thick case.
- Chop scooped out onion and fry with carrot in a little oil.
- Remove from pan and now brown the lamb mince (if using breadcrumb mixture just crisp it very lightly).
- Add in onion and carrot.
- Stir through flour and flavourings.
- Fill onions with mixture placing tops on.
- Place in roasting pan and pour stock around.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- You can remove onions and reduce stock to caramelise and pour over onions to serve.