This recipe came with my Kitchen Aid mixer. It was a little time consuming, but worth the effort. I made them for Easter dinner and my family loved them. Some of them even topped the potatoes with bacon bits.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop cut insides elaving 1/8 inch shells.
- Place insides in mixer bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute at speed 2.
- Add sour cream, butter, garlic salt, and thyme.
- Mix for 30 seconds at speed 2.
- Stop and scrape bowl.
- Turn to speed 2 and mix another 30 seconds.
- Add onions and mix until just blended.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells.
- Place filled shell in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.