Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stuffed New Potatoes
- 12 small red new potatoes or 12 small white new potatoes, same size
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese or 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Bring enough salted water to cover the potatoes to a boil in a medium size saucepan.
- Place the potatoes in the boiling water; reduce the temperature to low.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the potatoes and cool.
- Cut each potato in half and carefully scoop out a portion of the center with a small spoon or melon baller. (You can take a very thin slice of potato off the bottom so that it will sit flat.).
- Place a small dollop of sour cream in the center.
- Top with a pinch of cheese, bacon and chives.
- Makes 24 appetizers.
- Stuffing Variation:.
- Combine 1/2 cup smoked salmon, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons minced red onion, 1 teaspoon capers, drained, and 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish.