Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this recipe on one of the shows on the food network. My husband loves mussels so I decided to try them. They were wonderful! Even people that aren't crazy about mussels love them like this. Definitely a winner!!
- 4 lbs mussels
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 3 ounces plain breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
- Clean mussels thoroughly.
- Discard any that do not close.
- Put them in a sauce pan with white wine, and cool over high heat until the mussels open.
- Throw out any that do not open.
- Place the mussels in their half shells onto a baking sheet.
- Chop up the prosciutto and mix in a bowl with the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, 1/2 of the olive oil, salt (easy on the salt) and pepper, and the juice from the mussels.
- Mix all together.
- Put some of the mixture on each mussel in the pan.
- Add a little olive oil to each mussel.
- Place in the oven on broil for about 2 to 3 minutes until the bread crumbs are golden (must be watched) Serve with lemon wedges.