Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome recipe that seems SOOO gourmet, but is actually quite easy!
- 8 -10 large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato (jar)
- 1 shallot, fine chop
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, fine chop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, fine chop
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, fine chop
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup goat cheese
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth, carefully scoop out stems and chop them into very fine bits, set aside.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over med-high heat. When hot, add mushroom caps and saute for a few mins, flipping often until they begin to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add olive oil and toss the shaloots. Stir and fry for a few mins, then add chopped mushroom stems and halapenos. Saute, stirring frequently, for ~5 minutes.
- Then add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, saffron, cayenne, paprika, parsely and salt-n-pep. Cook for a min, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in goat cheese and olives until well combined.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Coat the bottom of a baking pan with a bit of olive oil. Transfer stuffed mushrooms into the pan. Bake at 350 for ~10 minutes Garnish with fresh parsley!