Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe is a variation on one that was printed in our local newspaper. They were a big hit at our Christmas Party last year. For those of you who arent't big fans of scallops, they work great on their own with a slice of provolone cheese melted on top instead.
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and minced
- 24 medium scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (I use italian)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in fry pan and saute onions and garlic until slightly softened.
- Stir in mushroom stems and saute until the mushroom wilt a bit.
- Cool mixture.
- Mix mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, egg, white wine, and parsley in bowl.
- Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom cap.
- Top the stuffing with a scallop and secure with a toothpick.
- Carefully dip mushroom into the melted butter.
- Place mushroom in oven-proof caserole dish (or baking sheet).
- (I find it easier to assemble each mushroom entirely, dip in butter, place in dish, and repeat as opposed to more of an assembly line method) Bake for 15 minutes or until scallops are cooked through.