Kozmic Blues's Note:
This recipe is a variation on one that was printed in our local newspaper. They were a big hit at our Christmas Party last year. For those of you who arent't big fans of scallops, they work great on their own with a slice of provolone cheese melted on top instead.
My Private Note
Hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and minced
- 24 medium scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (I use italian)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 lb butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in fry pan and saute onions and garlic until slightly softened.
- 3Stir in mushroom stems and saute until the mushroom wilt a bit.
- 4Cool mixture.
- 5Mix mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, egg, white wine, and parsley in bowl.
- 6Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom cap.
- 7Top the stuffing with a scallop and secure with a toothpick.
- 8Carefully dip mushroom into the melted butter.
- 9Place mushroom in oven-proof caserole dish (or baking sheet).
- 10(I find it easier to assemble each mushroom entirely, dip in butter, place in dish, and repeat as opposed to more of an assembly line method) Bake for 15 minutes or until scallops are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms With Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g