Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
To make this Passover-friendly, just substitute matzoh meal for the breadcrumbs.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 large mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, cooked mushroom stems,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Stem mushrooms, brush with oil.
- Mince stems and combine with remaining ingredients except bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Fill caps with spinach-cheese mixture.
- Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 F.
- or until mushrooms are tender and topping is brown.
Top enjoyment, did not change a thing. The feta was good in this, next time I might use some more cheese, but I am a cheeseaholic! I can also see myself making these with a blue cheese. Good one Mirjam!
This is almost the same as the one I use, except my recipe uses 3 ounces of feta, 1 tablespoon of egg beaters, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, and no parmesan. Another difference is that I use frozen, defrosted, drained spinach, but I think fresh would be less wasteful and work. This is really yummy with steak and Recipe #223749, and strawberries dipped in chocolate!
These were good, though we would have preferred more cheese and less bread crumbs in the topping. We did use more feta in the mix-about double.