Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
I found this recipe on another website, www.freshinthekitchen.co.nz. This recipe is a winner in my household. Seriously delicious. Served with steamed Kale, rice and Spicy Glazed Sweet Onions. A most enjoyable meal.
Top Review by Kaaran
I've made this recipe several times, and they are simply perfect!<br/>I use finely diced onion instead of the chives, minced garlic and chilli paste to save time.<br/>Recently I was craving these but had no Feta. I used a low fat tasty cheese, and they were amazing!<br/>Yum!
- 10 -12 mixed mushrooms, I used Portabello
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced (or 1/2 small onion)
- 150 g feta, chop into very small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and carefully scoop out the stems.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the garlic, shallot, mushroom stems and chillies until all juice has evaporated. About 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in feta, then add Parmesan, pepper and cayenne pepper, stirring well to combine.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake 20 minutes.