1/11 Photos of Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese & Sausage
1 hr 10 mins
Lissa Sprenne's Note:
I first had these back in high school - too many years ago to think about now. I've been making them ever since. Now, whenever any of my friends have a get-together, I'm expected to bring them! You've been warned!! They're addictive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Separate caps and stems while cleaning the mushrooms.
- 3If cleaning with water, let them drain for a bit.
- 4Start cooking the sausage in frying pan, at a medium to medium/high temperature.
- 5While the sausage is cooking, put the cream cheese into a mixing bowl so it can soften and mince the stem pieces.
- 6Spice the sausage to taste. Garlic is a good addition.
- 7Just before the sausage is done, add the stem pieces and finish cooking.
- 8Drain off the excess grease and add the sausage/stem mixture into the cream cheese.
- 9Mix together well using a wooden spoon or your hands. Be careful, as it will be rather hot.
- 10Set the caps into a 13x9 pan (or larger) with sides.
- 11Optional! Melt enough butter to just put a little in the bottom of each cap or just brush some over the top of each after they're filled. You can put any extra butter in the bottom of the pan.
- 12Fill the caps with the cream cheese/sausage/stem mix.
- 13Add a small amount of water to the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- 14Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and the mushrooms have turned dark.
- 15Scoop them out of the pan with a slotted spoon and arrange them on a plate.
- 16Serve warm. They reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time.
- 17*VARIATION 1: Add dried bread crumbs to the mix to make a larger batch without adding more cream cheese or sausage. Onions are also another popular addition.
- 18*VARIATION 2: Use one 8oz. box of cream cheese to two 8oz. pkgs of sausage. It makes for a larger batch that is less rich and tastes just as good.
- 19*FUN HINTS: The cream cheese mix is also very good on bread or crackers! This comes in handy if you you think there might be someone who doesn't like mushrooms - save some of the mix to the side for them to dip with.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese & Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g