Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so simple. I fry my own bacon versus using canned or bagged bacon bits. Never use the imitation bacon bits. Great served as an appetizer for a steak dinner or as a finger food for a cocktail reception.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, whole with stems removed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the bacon,garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook on 350 for 30-45 minnutes.
- Serve warm.