Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the issue of December 2006, Coup de Pouce.
- 2⁄3 cup boursin cheese
- 3 tablespoons pecans, roughly chopped
- 18 white mushrooms, stalks removed
- 9 pecans, halved
- fresh parsley
- In a bowl, mix boursin cheese and chopped pecans. Garnish each mushroom with about 2 teaspoon of cheese mixture and with half a pecan.
- Put stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven of 350 F for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, garnish with parsley.
A wonderful combination of ingredients ( and very simple ones at that!!).
The meatiness of the mushrooms and the smooth creaminess of the Boursin are just perfect bedfellows, add in the flavour and texture of the pecans, and it just takes it up a notch or two.
I loved them...thanks Boomie.
Great mushroom recipe and I loved the fact that the mushrooms were baked in the oven and were therefore very low fat. Simple to make and the crunch and flavours from the nuts: just wonderful. I added some basil in step one but otherwise made these exactly as instructed. I placed foil loosely over the mushrooms for the first 5 minutes and removed it for the second five minutes and the mushrooms were done to perfection. It was the added dimension of the nuts - and the fact that this is such a low fat recipe - that will ensure that I make this recipe again and again, and probably try different herb combinations each time. Thanks for sharing this winner of a recipe, Boomette!
These are wonderful! I love mushrooms and this filling is just outstanding. These will be made again!