Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've had several people tell me these are the best stuffed mushrooms they've ever had! (In fact, every few months, a friend of mine tells me: "My mom was talking about your mushrooms again today...she sure loves them." Her mom tried them once at a New Year's Eve party about three years ago LOL) These are similar to Olive Garden's, but not nearly as greasy and more flavorful!! Once I tried subbing canned crab for the clams but was NOT impressed...the crab version was so bland! Even if someone doesn't like clams or seafood, I think they'll like this recipe...it doesn't taste seafood-y at all, but the clams add an element that will be missed. I hope you enjoy 'em! :-)
- 20 button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, juice reserved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 small white onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch glass casserole dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps, hollow-side up, in the dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the minced clams, garlic, Parmesan, onion, bread crumbs, bell pepper, parsley, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the butter and add some of the reserved clam juice until mixture is moist and sticks together (but isn't soggy).
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
I have yet to make these delis tidbits but have eaten them and they are "the best I've ever had"
These are very good, and very easy to prepare. The minced clams do not stand out at all, and they are nice low-fat choice over sausage or bacon. I used the melted butter with the stuffing, and then I used a spray margarine over them before baking. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC 2010.
Yes, my mother does love these. I love them too. I look forward to every party that these things come to.