Recipe by Robyn's Cookin'
I've had several people tell me these are the best stuffed mushrooms they've ever had! (In fact, every few months, a friend of mine tells me: "My mom was talking about your mushrooms again today...she sure loves them." Her mom tried them once at a New Year's Eve party about three years ago LOL) These are similar to Olive Garden's, but not nearly as greasy and more flavorful!! Once I tried subbing canned crab for the clams but was NOT impressed...the crab version was so bland! Even if someone doesn't like clams or seafood, I think they'll like this recipe...it doesn't taste seafood-y at all, but the clams add an element that will be missed. I hope you enjoy 'em! :-)
- 20 button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, juice reserved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 small white onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch glass casserole dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps, hollow-side up, in the dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the minced clams, garlic, Parmesan, onion, bread crumbs, bell pepper, parsley, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the butter and add some of the reserved clam juice until mixture is moist and sticks together (but isn't soggy).
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.