Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A new twist on stuffed mushroom. I found this recipe in the local newspaper and I've finally decided to share it. I know you will enjoy these. If I could give a $$ back guarantee, I would.
- 24 large mushroom caps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise, about
- 3 -4 scallions, finely chopped
- garlic seasoning
- salt and pepper
- TIP: To save time I buy pre cooked bacon and heat it up in the microwave.
- Less of a mess!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cheese, bacon, scallions and seasonings.
- Add mayo, 1/2 cup at a time, until ingredients bind and mixture is creamy not soupy, you might not use the full cup of mayonaise.
- Spoon into caps and bake until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- If you over cook them they will become soggy, so keep an eye on them.
- Serve and enjoy!
Orlando rocks! Excellent recipe, thank you.