Recipe by Queen Eeyore
This is a low-carb modification of my Mom's stuffed mushroom recipe. It is so tasty and delicious, even she didn't notice the low-carb substitutions.
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄8 cup chopped mushroom stems
- 4 -6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pork rind (I use Tabasco flavored, any kind will do)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cooked sausage, cream cheese, mushroom stems and crushed pork rinds in a bowl.
- Place mushrooms in a microwave-proof glass container, I typically use the 9" cake pan.
- Stuff with filling, cover with plastic wrap, and fold back a corner of the plastic wrap.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 5-6 minutes, or until mushrooms are moist and stuffing has melted a little.
- Leftover stuffing can be rolled into balls and cooked in the sausage grease.