Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great Stuffed Mushroom Recipe for a crowd to serve at a cookout or dinner party. The mushrooms are stuffed with cheese, onions, breadcrumbs and their stems.
- Wash mushrooms and separate caps from stems.
- Finely chop stems.
- Finely chop onions.
- Saute onions in oil until transparent.
- Add Stems.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Simmer until broth evaporates.
- Put caps in a baking dish and lightly brush with melted butter.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. (except mozzerella cheese).
- Then, stir in the onions and stems.
- Add whipping cream until mixture becomes paste.
- Fill caps with mixture.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth into baking pan. (This helps the mushrooms stay steamed and not dry out).
- Top each with shredded mozzerella cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.