Alice Robertson Clark's Note:
This is a great Stuffed Mushroom Recipe for a crowd to serve at a cookout or dinner party. The mushrooms are stuffed with cheese, onions, breadcrumbs and their stems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash mushrooms and separate caps from stems.
- 2Finely chop stems.
- 3Finely chop onions.
- 4Saute onions in oil until transparent.
- 5Add Stems.
- 6Cook about 5 minutes.
- 7Add 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 8Simmer until broth evaporates.
- 9Put caps in a baking dish and lightly brush with melted butter.
- 10Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 11Mix all dry ingredients together. (except mozzerella cheese).
- 12Then, stir in the onions and stems.
- 13Add whipping cream until mixture becomes paste.
- 14Fill caps with mixture.
- 15Pour remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth into baking pan. (This helps the mushrooms stay steamed and not dry out).
- 16Top each with shredded mozzerella cheese.
- 17Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 18Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: