Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Always a big hit!
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage, cooked and drained (bulk or removed from skin)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Dip caps into 6 tablespoons of melted butter and place hollow side up in a buttered 9"x13" glass casserole.
- Chop 1/2 of the stems and saute in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with onion and garlic.
- Add spinach, cooked sausage, sour cream, salt and pepper to this mixture. Fill mushroom caps and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.