From the Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook, these mushrooms are covered with a cornstarch batter and fried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 6 ounces pork, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnut, drained, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Clean mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth.
- 2Remove stems, chop stems finely and transfer to large bowl.
- 3Finely chop pork, water chestnuts, onions, pepper and celery with sharp knife or in food processor.
- 4Add to chopped mushroom stems.
- 5Add cornstarch, ginger, sherry, soy and hoisin sauces and egg white.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Spoon pork mixture into cavities of mushroom caps, mounding mixture in center.
- 8Heat oil in wok over high heat until it reaches 375ºF.
- 9Prepare batter.
- 10Carefully dip mushrooms in flour, then in batter, coating completely.
- 11Fry 6 to 8 at a time in hot oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 12Drain on absorbent paper.
- 13For batter:.
- 14Combine cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- 15Blend in milk and water.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms - Deep Fried
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g