Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Everybody loves these little critters.
- 8 -10 medium mushrooms, firm, closed caps
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup shredded romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium egg
- 3 ounces sardines in oil
- grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Clean mushrooms with a brush; place on paper towels to remain dry.
- Pull stems from mushrooms and chop finely.
- Place Grapeseed oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add chopped mushroom stems and onion.
- Sauté until tender.
- Add garlic and as much of the tin of Sardines as guest enjoy.
- Let garlic and Sardines melt into the mixture, about 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add bread crumb, cheese and egg to cooled mixture.
- Mix thoughly with an imersion blender until smooth.
- Place mushroom caps on a cooking sheet covered with foil.
- Stuff mixture into the caps and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 mins, until caps begin to breakdown and release juices.