Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Russell loves stuffing mushrooms, and this is one of his favourites.
Make and share this Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 large mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, finely diced
- 1 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 190c.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry the mushroom stems, onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is softened-about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the diced tomato and mixed herbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the mushroom gills, then pile equal amounts of filling into the caps.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
These were very good Jan, I used chopped spring onion instead of ordinary onion and it seemed to work well. Other than that followed the recipe. I think I would like to mix parmesan with perhaps a nice gouda to make the topping a little more creamy.
I served these last night with bacon and eggs, for dinner.<br/>So easy to prepare. <br/>I followed the recipe as written, although I only had grated Parmesan (fresh) not shaved, but I think I would prefer the shaved to give a thicker topping of cheese. <br/>We really loved these, and even though I am not a big mushroom eater, I really enjoyed the mushroom's served this way.<br/>Thanks Jan, a really great recipe, which I will be making again.
I had four nice big field mushrooms so scaled the recipe back for that, the only thing I did differently was to give may pan a light spray with oil and just a light spray of EVO on the mushrooms otherwise cooked as directed and the DM and I enjoyed for lunch this afternoon, I had mine with a simple side salad to round off the meal. Thank you Jan, made as a recipenap for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #45 October 2010.