Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves these appetizers. You can also add chopped cooked shrimp or leftover chicken, once you've made them you can add whatever you want.
- 6 mushrooms, per person (depending on how many people you have, do at least)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- sliced mozzarella cheese, to fit on top of mushrooms
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems (they can also be chopped and put into the sour cream mixture) mix sour cream, bacon bits, chives, and grated cheese.
- Using a spoon stuff mushrooms place small bit of mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on 400°F then to brown the cheese if you want you can broil them.
added 1/4 cup shreded chicken was wonderful
I thought Id reviewed these little delights a week or so ago..and since that first time Ive actually made them about 4 times! These are great, so easy too. Ive served them alongside a steak and baked potato meal and also at barbecues we've had. yumm! Lots of comments on how tasty they are.