1/1 Photo of Stuffed Mushrooms
This is an appetizer I remember eating at many potlucks, family gatherings, and parties while growing up in NY state. Make sure you line the baking sheet with foil as these tend to ooze while baking. Adapted from "Best of the Best from New York Cookbook" by Quail Ridge Press.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe clean mushrooms with either a mushroom brush or a very slightly damp paper towel.
- 2Carefully remove stems from mushrooms and chop stems.
- 3Place butter and garlic into a heated skillet and let butter melt, stirring.
- 4Add chopped mushroom stems and saute until lightly brown.
- 5Add parsley,stir,and remove from heat.
- 6Add cheese and stir to combine.
- 7Add bread crumbs, stirring until mixture is crumbly.
- 8Lightly fill each mushroom cap with the sauteed mixture, but don't pack tightly.
- 9Set on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g