Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The yummiest stuffed mushrooms, I have ever had. My mother gave me this recipe. The original recipe calls for pepperoni and green pepper, but since I don't like either, I substituted sausage for them. Sometimes I have to adjust the cooking time in the microwave, it usually depends on the size of the mushroom caps that I am using. Good Luck and enjoy!
- Wash mushrooms.
- Remove and chop stems.
- Set mushroom caps aside.
- In skillet, combine chopped stems, butter, onion, sausage and garlic.
- Cook on high for 2-3 minutes stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper, stir to blend.
- Mound mixture in mushroom caps and place in Pyrex baking dish.
- Place in microwave and cook covered on high for 4 minutes or until hot.