Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Appetizers that're both easy and elegant. You'll feel good serving these to your family and friends.
- 24 -32 large mushrooms, washed
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With teaspoon, hollow mushroom, carefully scraping out the inside, taking care not to break them.
- Reserve scrapings.
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage, onion and mushroom scrapings.
- Drain and return to skillet to heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, crumbs, garlic and parsley to pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Stuff mushrooms with cooked mixture molding slightly.
- Place on sheet pan and bake approximately 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
- Serves 8, three or four per person.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Excellent recipe. I made these for the appetizer cookathon and highly recommend them. The stuffing is a wonderful flavour combination and very easy to make.
Al in Ontario It would be a tremendous help if the recipe suggested taking the sausage out of the casings to brown. Al. F.
We really, really enjoyed these. The flavors work together very well. I even had the leftovers for breakfast. The only precaution I would give is that when browning sausage do not overcook because they still have cooking time in oven and the sausage could come out too hard and crisp.