Recipe by Marie
These are the greatest tasting stuffed mushrooms and so easy to prepare. Sauteed crumbled sausage can be added if desired.
Top Review by Charmed
I thought these were very good, and I would make them again without hesitation. I will admit to a small change; instead of using italian flavored breadcrumbs I made my own using a slice of pepperoni cheese bread I had made in the bread machine that I toasted on a low heat until dry and then put in the blender to make crumbs. I also used half parmesan, half finely shredded mozzarella cheese. However, next time (and I do plan there to be a next time) I also would add some other type of liquid (perhaps broth or wine); the stuffing was a bit dry. And I also found the stuffing not sufficient for 18 large mushrooms; I only had enough to stuff about 10 medium-sized ones. Bottom line though, this is an excellent basic recipe, one that would easily allow for your own special touches if you choose. You couldn't go wrong, and I'm glad I chose them to try.
- 18 large white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate stems from caps of mushrooms.
- Finely chop stems of mushrooms.
- Heat oil and add stems, green onions, garlic and parsley& cook on low for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in breadcrumbs, cheese and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill caps and bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or til lightly browned.