Recipe by Gigi
Just the perfect appetizer for entertaining. Delicious!
Top Review by Kanina James
These are really yummy! I added a garlic clove to the mushroom mixture when it sautéed. I also added about a half cup of mozzarella cheese and then topped it with a little cheese as well at the parsley and paprika. Here's a tip.. use a melon ball-er to scoop out the mushrooms. Next time I am going to try it with feta cheese like DotM did..
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup progresso Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms.
- Remove stems and insides and chop.
- Melt butter and add onions and chopped mushroom pieces and saute until tender.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and crabmeat (if using).
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- You can adjust the amounts of bread crumbs, cheese and Worcestershire sauce to your personal preferences.