The stuffing in this recipe is out of this world. It's flavored with bacon, onion, cayenne, garlic, etc. YUMMY! I always double the recipe because they go so fast. This was originally based on a recipe in Southern Living, and with the dash of cayenne it's truly a Southern recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Clean mushroom caps.
- 3In a large skillet heat oil and 1 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- 4Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in chopped mushroom stems and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the garlic, bacon and fresh parsley.
- 7Toss to coat and cook for another minute.
- 8Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, a half cup at a time.
- 9Add just enough breadcrumbs so that mixture remains moist.
- 10Season mixture with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 11When mixture is cool enough to handle, stuff the caps.
- 12Place the stuffed caps in a baking dish and drizzle with 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- 13Bake for 12- 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g