Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I got this recipe from my mom, and they are just to die for. These are simple to make too, which makes them even better. For those picky family members that don't like mushrooms, try using jalapeno halves and omitting the mushroom stems from filling.
- 15 mushroom caps
- 15 mushroom stems, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, freshly fried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 350.
- Heat butter in saute pan over medium high heat.
- Saute mushroom stems, bacon bits, garlic powder, and onion powder until mushroom stems brown and release their water.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and mushroom stem mix.
- Fill each mushroom cap with cream cheese mix. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.