Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make these once a year at Christmas. Even people who don't like mushrooms say they like these. Everyone loves the stuffing even if they don't eat the mushroom.
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crumbled
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 12 large stuffing mushroom caps
- Heat oven to 325.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non stick spray.
- Combine all ingreadients except mushrooms.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and disgard.
- Place mushrooms in pan stem side up (without the stem).
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 25 minutes until heated.
These are great! I used turkey pepperoni (70% less fat and half the calories of regular pepperoni), reduced fat Ritz crackers, and left out the butter. Very, very tasty and really lo-cal. Will definitely make again.
These were so good! They didn't last long!!! I used vegetarian bacon (Morningstar Farms) in place of the pepperoni.
My husband loved these. He's ask me to make them several times already. I used salami instead of pepperoni cuz thats what I had on hand. Very good!