Recipe by m.klitzke
I make these once a year at Christmas. Even people who don't like mushrooms say they like these. Everyone loves the stuffing even if they don't eat the mushroom.
Top Review by Carol O'
These are great! I used turkey pepperoni (70% less fat and half the calories of regular pepperoni), reduced fat Ritz crackers, and left out the butter. Very, very tasty and really lo-cal. Will definitely make again.
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crumbled
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 12 large stuffing mushroom caps
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non stick spray.
- Combine all ingreadients except mushrooms.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and disgard.
- Place mushrooms in pan stem side up (without the stem).
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 25 minutes until heated.