Recipe by Michael Wodnicki
These are a healty alternative to a restaurant staple. The feta adds nice flavor and just the right amount of saltiness. Enjoy them as an appetizer or served with the main course as a side dish.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With one exception, I made this recipe as written ~ The exception was that I baked them for just under 10 minutes, as I really do prefer mushrooms raw, but still wanted them 'baked' a little bit! Both of us eating them were happy with the results, so I have no complaints there! Thanks for sharing this keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse mushrooms to remove surface dirt and carefully remove stems.
- Mince mushroom stems and mix with feta cheese, olive oil, parsley, and cheyenne pepper.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil and place caps in dish top side down.
- Fill each cap with mixture and heap remaining mixture evenly on all mushrooms, pressing lightly to ensure filling stays in/on mushrooms.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Let rest a couple of minutes before serving.