Recipe by Coaltique
This is a recipe from a book on Tapas (100 Great Tapas, Pippa Cuthbert). This is fairly easy to prepare, and it tastes wonderful. It can easily be made a Vegetarian item by leaving out the ham. Absolutely delicious.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 closed cup mushrooms (I just used big Button Mushrooms)
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 slices serrano ham or 3 slices prosciutto, finely sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese (I used Feta)
- 4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth. Remove stems, roughly chop the stems, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet and saute of the shallots until soft. Add garlic, rosemary, stems, and pepper. Saute for several minutes. Add ham and stir.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer ingredients to a bowl. Stir in the cheese and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper if needed. Fill mushroom with the mixture and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked. Serve while hot.