Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite with the whole family. Can be made ahead, refrigerated and warmed for 20 minutes.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 small onion, chopped fine and sauteed
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup romano cheese
- Remove mushroom stems and set aside.
- Butter a large baking dish.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in small saucepan then cool.
- Coat mushroom caps with some of the melted butter.
- Set aside.
- Sautee finely chopped onion and cool.
- Chop mushroom stems and add to onion.
- Add crumbs, eggs and cheese and mix.
- Add enough melted butter to moisten filling mixture.
- Stuff mushroom caps and place in baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with Romano.
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.
Very good! My husband and I prepared these mushrooms last night. They were fun and easy to prepare, and the final product looks quite impressive. I'm not a huge mushroom fan, but my husband gave it a big thumbs-up. I did back off considerably on the amount of butter called for, and these still came out plenty buttery. I think next time it will be interesting to try softened cream cheese in place of the romano cheese.
These mushrooms were really delicious. I didn't coat the mushrooms with butter to start with, and I only used 3 tablespoons of butter in the filling. Thanks!
Oh. My. Gosh. This was delicious! I used about 3 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and that was plenty of butter. I also added some chopped fresh parsley, because I had it. WONDERFUL recipe!!