Recipe by Melanie 38305
My MIL makes these mushrooms just about every time that we have a get together. It is a crowd pleaser and the first thing to be eaten.
- 10 -12 small portabella mushrooms
- tony's creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, unccoked
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and remove stem from mushrooms. Put aside.
- Mince garlic clove.
- In a small frying pan, add tbsp of butter, minced garlic and a dash of Tony's Creole Seasoning.
- Sautee till garlic is tender.
- Add garlic mixture to 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture.
- Wrap piece of uncooked bacon around mushroom and attach with toothpick.
- Sprinkle with Tony's Creole Seasoning
- Bake at 350 degrees in a shallow baking dish until bacon is crisp.
- This may also be grilled on a grill, or pan fryed.