Recipe by Sarah J.
I loved these things when I was non-vegan, and I wanted to find a recipie to keep on eating them vegan-style. This was found at Vegweb.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages fresh mushrooms (approximately 25 mushrooms)
- breadcrumbs (I used Edward & Sons Organic Italian)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- olive oil
- grated vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- cream cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.) Cut up the onion into small pieces or use a food processor. Cut up the clove of garlic and two stalks of celery also into small pieces (or use a food processor).
- 2.) Take the stems off of the mushrooms. Pull them out easy so they come out clean and do not break apart.
- 3.) Cut up a few mushroom stems or use a food processor. About the same amount of cut up mushroom stems as cut up celery.
- 4.) Take the cut up onion, garlic, celery, and mushroom stems and put them into an oiled frying pan over medium heat. Stir and let them get soft. Remove and put them into a mixing bowl.
- 5.) Add the bread crumbs a little at a time. You may need to add a little warm water as you go. This is where, if you'd like, add some grated vegan parmesan cheese. you can also mix in a bit of cream cheese if desired. The stuffing should be a bit moist.
- 6.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 7.) Stuff the mushrooms.
- 8.) Place the mushrooms on an oiled cookie sheet. Put into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- 9.) Eat. Be happy. Enjoy.