Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
an easy vegetarian version of a satisfying classic!
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 scallions
- 1⁄2 lb vegetarian sausage
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- heat oven to 300 degrees.
- remove stems from mushrooms and dice. combine with chopped scallions.
- heat minced garlic in oil; add mushrooms and scallions.
- add vegetarian sausage, crumbling as small as possible.
- when sausage has browned, add bread crumbs and stir well.
- add cheese last and stir until mixture is well combined.
- spray small baking pan with non-stick spray and place mushroom caps in it, top side down.
- "stuff" bread crumb mixture into overturned caps. (there may be extra mixture left over - it's great as a snack, dip, or sandwich spread!)
- bake mushrooms at 300 for half an hour or until mushroom caps are tender.