Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mushrooms stuffed with ricotta and goats cheese, and chives. Delicious.
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- melted butter
- Combine garlic with melted butter and brush all over the mushroom.
- Place mushrooms on a baking paper lined tray and place in preheated 180 Celsius oven for 15 minutes.
- While mushrooms are in oven combine ricotta with crumbled goat cheese and chives.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and place ricotta mixture on the feathery side of mushrooms.
- Put back into oven for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove mushrooms and serve.
A delicious side dish which we very much enjoyed. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap April 2011
This was a 10-star dish at our backyard lunch today. I had button mushrooms, so used about half the cheeses, and all the garlic and chives. It was enough to fill 20 smaller mushrooms. I didn't pre-cook the mushrooms -- just put everything in the oven for about 20 minutes. They really were enjoyed -- and just as nice at room temp as they were warm out of the oven. Yummo!
I was wanting to use up some mushrooms and goat cheese when I chanced upon this recipe. What great fortune! I added more garlic but left all else the same.