Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
3 mushrooms per serving. Low in calories and carbs
- 1 lb large firm mushroom, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms, set aside. Saute mushroom caps in 1 tsp oil for 3 minutes.
- Remove caps and set on a tray.
- Mushrooms have a lot of water, so you have to dry them slightly with paper towel.
- Chop mushroom stems and saute them in remaining oil and juice.
- Add minced onion and cook until mixture is soft and golden.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and Parmesan.
- Fill each mushroom with small baking sheet and broil until filling bubbles. Cool slightly before serving.