Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are totally delicious. Please give them a try at your next get-together!
Make and share this Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the stems and "core" from your mushrooms and place top side down on a cookie sheet - if they want to roll, just cut a bit off of the top to make it flat so that they won't roll.
- Fry the sausage, until it is cooked through.
- Chop the green onions, using the green part too.
- Mix the cream cheese, cooked sausage, chopped green onions and the soy sauce.
- Place this mixture where your mushroom stems once were and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.
These were very good. I used hot italian turkey sausage and they turned out well... my guests gobbled them up. I may add some garlic next time to try to add a bit more "zip." Thanks for posting.
My family loved these stuffed mushrooms! I sauteed the green onions and also some fresh garlic in with the sausage meat, I doubled the recipe, and got 18 HUGE mushrooms! great recipe hon, thanks for sharing!...Kitten :)
These were great, and didn't take as long to prepare as I had thought. I also used spicy turkey sausage and thought they had a nice little kick. I found the mushrooms produced a fair bit of juice on the bottom of the cookie sheet, so i may put them on a broiler pan on the future so the juices drain off better and they aren't sitting in liquid on the pan.
I also had a lot of stuffing (I filled 18 slightly bigger than button mushrooms), so mine were quite stuffed and towered on top. In the future, I would probably make more than 20 mushrooms and not fill quite so much.
The modifications I would make in the future are minor, the important thing is they tasted great!! My husband thought there would be leftovers, but he and our guests devoured them all.